Geographically situated in the heart of
From its humble existence as a barrio and original inhabitants, the Barangay was transformed and nurtured into a self-reliant community through the good leadership and governance. Among the programs instituted are the moral and value formation undertaken with the residents to become socially aware and responsible to the needs of the Barangay.
Alongside with this, are the various economically empowering measures designed to place the residents in the economic mainstream. Political reforms have been instituted to unify all sectors towards the developmental goals of the community. These institutional reforms are conceived of mutual and shared responsibilities in the developmental changes in the community.
Originally Barangay Pasong Tamo is a part of District II of Quezon City but as of July 2, 2012, Pres. Benigno Aquino III signed a Republic Act No. 10170 reproportioning the Barangay to District VI.
THE NAME WAS DERIVED FROM THE WILD
PLANTS CALLED “TAMO”, THICKLY GROWING
ALONG MAJOR PATHS CUTTING THROUGH AND/OR
FROM THE EASTERN PARTS TO THE WESTERN EXITS
OF THIS AREA. THE REVOLUTIONARIES (ANDRES
BONIFACIO) SO NAMED THE PLACE.
THE NAME DATES BACK FROM THE TIME OF THE
ILUSTRADOS / SPANISH TIME. THE BARRIO WAS OF
NATURAL EXISTENCE SINCE EARLY 1880.
LEGAL BOUNDARIES WAS ESTABLISHED AND
BARANGAY PASONG TAMO WAS FORMALLY
CREATED UNDER EXECUTIVE ORDER 27 PURSUANT
TO ORDINANCE NO. 4992 DURING THE INCUMBENCY
OF THE LATE MAYOR NORBERTO S. AMORANTO, IN
THE PRESENCE OF THE NEIGHBORING TENIENTE
DURING THE VERY FIRST FORMAL BARRIO
OFFICIALS TENURE OF OFFICE, THIS PLACE WAS
BARELY POPULATED. IT’S ORIGINAL INHABITANTS
NUMBER IS APPROXIMATELY NO MORE THAN 700
PEOPLE. THERE WAS NO OFFICIAL CENSUS, BARRIO
ELECTION WAS BY ACCLEMATION OR VIVA VOCE,
REGISTERED VOTERS COUNT WAS ONLY ABOUT 120
POPULATION GREW DOUBLE AT THE TIME OF
LATE MAYOR NORBERTO S. AMORANTO AND BEGAN
TO MULTIPLY WITH THE INFLUX OF NEW COMERS
DURING THE TENURE OF MAYOR ADELINA